Khoobz is a slightly leavened flat bread consumed in many parts of the world, particularly in Middle east and Mediterranean areas.
Staple food of many countries can be enjoyed in many different ways. You can scoop the dips or any gravies in the same manner as any other traditional flat bread like Roti or chapathi.
One of the main features of Khoobz is the longer shelf life when compared with other traditional flat btrads.It can be stored upto 4 days in normal conditions. It also can be freezed for longer shelf life.Simply microwave for 20 seconds to regain the original softness. Care may have to be taken to keep it covered and not exposed to the environment.
In addition to the normal usage, Khoobz is also used for making sandwiches and rolls.
The most popular are Shawarma sandwich and Falafel roll or sandwich.
Many cafeterias are offering a whole range of Middle eastern sandwiches with other accompaniments like Hummus, another popular dip all over the world.
- Make falafel as per recipe or buy from the market..
- Cut the cucumber and tomato dices.
- Season the yogurt with salt.
- Apply a tablespoon of yogurt sauce on khoobz.
- Place the lettuce, falafels, cucumber, tomatoes on khoobz.
- Add two spoon of yogurt on top.
- Roll the khoobz and cut into two pieces.(if desired)